Saturday, March 25, 2006

[Uppsala lalalalala]

Ok believe it or not, that's Uppsala university's cheer. It's the oldest uni in Scandinavia, Sweden's first. I went to Uppsala town on my last weekend in Sweden. Been wanting to go forever and since it didn't look as if Iso was gonna bring us, I decided to go myself (GH already left for sg). It was a really beautiful town. I thought that it'd probably look like Sthlm but it's interesting how different cities in the same country can look so different. I was also thinking how things work out perfectly (God loves me haha)...cos I've been wanting to go there for so long...and yet on the day I went, there were special events going on so it was like a bonus. The entrance to the museum was free cos they had a new exhibit and there was an ice motorbike racing at the stadium so the trip there was definitely worthwhile. Was looking out for eye-candy #2 cos he lives there..but too bad didn't find him haha. I thought I'd only take half a day there but in the end, I left the place at only 6 pm. I guess I could return to Sweden 10 more times and still find a unique new city to visit each time. Fabulous.

On the way home, I dropped by my fave coffee place again to have chicken pie for dinner. I went back to my hostel and intended to attend a musical performance nearby, but knowing me, once I have taken off my coat and boots, I'm too lazy to go out again :P So I resorted to packing my bag, which surprisingly was pretty light. Guess I'm turning into a better traveller ;)

Will be meeting Ayisha and Elin tmr to bid a fond farewell. Hope I don't get teary.

No comments: