Monday, March 06, 2006

[Finally some air]

Advanced Epi is finally over. It was a tough two wks...and on Friday after our presentations, we made sure we rewarded ourselves for the tremendous effort we put in. We went to Kista for dinner..It was good we went there cos there was Halal food in the food court. Been feeling guilty eating a beef/chicken burger from BK/Macs now n then hehe. Unfortunately we were too tired staying up the previous night (writing up our final project reports) so we window shopped only for awhile then went home. And the only thing that was on our minds when we got home was SLEEP!

Saturday was more exciting. We slept in till like 10 plus (yesss finally...) then headed to djurgården on the ferry. It was different cos I've never taken the ferry in winter...and it was fun seeing my friends getting so suaku over the view haha. I dropped my faithful followers at Vasa museum (since I've already been there) and headed to the Biological Museum. It was quite nice..the setting..not like the usual one animal in one display case setting u usually get. It was more like...hmm..how shall I put it...walking around a whole 'wildlife habitat' enclosed by glass case. Ok well I dunno if that description helped..but nevertheless..I was getting a headache trying to decipher which animal on my guide matched which one in the case. And I gave up cos I never seemed to find the right one...And just as I gave up..I saw another person...who had the next page opened instead (duh I shld've flipped it over). But it wasn't much help either way cos I wouldn't have been able to differentiate a red breasted merganser from a guillemot or a greenshank anyway. I took like half an hour there and was very early in meeting the rest. (I should've gone to Vasa again I guess cos this was quite disappointing..)

I decided to venture out into the snow..it was snowing really heavily...like lots n lots n lots of snow falling...that u couldn't see the visibility abt 100m ahead. I got into a coffee house cos my fingers were about to get numb..while I was trying to coax my digicam into life again..to no avail.. sigh.. After thawing a bit, I headed back to Vasa. The snow was falling even more now..and I made a stupid choice of taking the shortcut thru the field of snow cos the snow was coming up to my calf level. Was glad I survived that...vowed never to take a shortcut through thick snow again..haha. Waited awhile for the rest then we took a bus to town...had BK for lunch...walked around the shops a bit then went home. My fave Peru (I think) band was actually still there basking...and I finally bought their CD (after 2 yrs of thinking abt it..hmm...). The rest went to IKEA..I was tired and I've already been there so I followed Winston to a guitar shop which turned out to be closed. Darn it..the shops here close too early on weekends...

On Sunday, I finally met up with Ayisha. It was sooo nice.... wow...never wld've thought we'd meet again. Leyla is as adorable as ever. And she can talk now..heh...was learning a bit of Swedish from her (the last time all she could say was titta=look haha). Adam..her little bro) was adorable too..but I think I forgot that a 3 mth old is only capable of drinking milk, puking, and sleeping..so I turned my attention to Leyla instead. Ayisha fed me really well...cream salmon soup, toast with cheese. As if I wasn't full enough, there was freshly baked bread for dessert. I didn't need dinner that day.

We were quite bored that night. We gathered in the tv room. All 10 of us. (The other tv room had our new not-so-friendly ang-moh neighbours so we decided to label this OUR room..haha..we got the better tv..which has a remote..unlike the other grandfather set...). I had more dessert..yum yum..which Benita made. I don't really follow X-Men so I didn't really know what was going on in the movie..so I went to sleep at 11. Yeah so here I am. This new module doesn't look too bad. I'm wondering what I should do now..don't feel like going home so early..but it's too late to go sight-seeing. Ok lah, shall pack my bag now. See ya.

No comments: