Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Welcome to GAME

Yesterday was the start of the joint PhD programme. What a morning. At first I thought the classes were at Biopolis. I was already on the way there when I decided to check which room it would be in..that's when I found out it was supposed to be in COFM itself. So I stopped at Clementi MRT, crossed over..and discovered the taxi queue was too long. So I took a bus to AYE to change to 963. I was waiting n waiting n waiting. Unfortunately, since it was towards the expressway, all the taxis had passengers in them. I was about to call for a cab (not wanting to be late for my first day of lessons) just when the bus came.

Then came the second boo boo. I was walking across the field..wondering whether I should rush. I thought maybe I checked the schedule wrongly and classes were actually at 9.30 (wishful thinking). Instead of finding "good news", I discovered I was supposed to be there at 8.30!! Luckily it was only a buffet breakfast so well..I didn't miss much (free food...damn..haha). Oh well, I grabbed my folder and went into the seminar room..they hadn't started proper so yeah..I was "on time".

The class has a pretty interesting makeup. 10 students from KI, 7 from NUS plus 2 sit ins, me and another girl. The batch from KI is quite diverse...one Cameroonian, a Tanzanian, Lithuanian, Chinese, a few Swedish and even a Singaporean. Quite a number of profs from both unis sat in too..I guess for the first week only. First day of the programme and we were given 7 readings, and our first grp assignment! (which I'm supposed to be working on now hehe)

The lessons so far were pretty okay...intro stuff. Today a few of us had to intro ourselves and our projects. My turn will be on Thurs...hope I won't be bombarded with too many questions. Ok better get started on my work now...see ya.


P.S. Btw how do I look with my hair straightened? hehe :P

No comments: