Tuesday, January 30, 2007

[Phase 1: My Purple Room]


I am so freaking tired. Zonked out. If it weren't for the fact that I had a lot of work to do yesterday, I'd have dozed out in office.

It was worth it though. I now have the purple room I've always wanted. Yay! Ok well my current room was supposed to be purple but the paint turned out too light that it looked pink in the end. Actually when I opened the can, I thought the purple would be too light again, but luckily after the paint dried n stuff...it had the hue I wanted. Yay! So yes..purple purple. Lol. The tiredness must be getting to me. Anyways as I was saying, I'm so tired cos I painted the room. Dad helped me with the first coat. After which I realised he wasn't a very good painter - there were drips of paint ALONG the wall, and the edges he did with the small paintbrush looked very messy. Arghh. But well, beggars can't be choosers; I had to make do with his help since Saki refused to help and Flo..well..isn't into painting...and the friend that offered to help..well..I was hesitant to ask for her help tsk tsk. Thanks papa!

He insisted the room was good enough without a second coat...but yikes..really..even if I wasn't the perfectionist that I am, it really DID need another coat. There was still traces of the yellow layer cos I didn't do a white coating first. So yeah, I was left to struggle with the second coating by myself. Top edges, bottom edges, 4 walls. I had to be very thrifty with the paint cos I was scared it was gonna finish...didn't know one 5L can of paint was only enough for one room! I did the second coat by priority of walls that ppl would see..which meant that the one which would be covered by my new wardrobe was done last. I was so enthusiastic about making the room nice and clean that after painting, I scrubbed the built in shelves tho it didn't help much...they really need a new layer of lining...which I intend to DIY myself. Hope it turns out nice! After mopping the room twice I was totally drained, papa had to come and stop me from doing more damage to myself haha.

I intend to use complementary colours for my deco. Which means I'll be choosing dark yellow and cyan for the clock, table lamp, whatever. My first time at decorating a room all by myself. Can't wait to see the finished product...it looks great in my mind haha.

Will upload a pic of my purple room when I get home.

Phase 0: Getting rid of old furniture.
Phase 2: Wardrobe comes next weekend. Whee!

No comments: