Thursday, August 03, 2006

[It just gets better!]

Wow! I love surprises. And I love birthdays even more; cos that's when I get even more surprises! Pleasant ones too heh.

After a failed attempt at star-gazing on Friday at the science centre observatory (it started pouring the instant we stepped into the place!) and a dinner (not-so-treat) at a hawker centre, I thought I wasn't gonna enjoy my b'day. Ok well, I enjoyed the piece of strawberry cake that GH bought me, esp after the trouble she went through asking the person what all the cakes contained (she didn't want to get anything with alcohol in it for me...sweet little girl).

On Sat I went back to Crescent for Sakura's speech day. She got two awards - Best in Humanities (HY) and Bronze award for her O-level results. I told her I was jealous cos I only got the Bronze award last time haha. Anyway, it was Crescent's 50th anniversary so the speech day was special. They launched some arts conservatory thingy, and the guest of honour was Stella Ng, who is apparently famous but I've never heard of before lol. She was pretty nervous cos it was her first speech ever, but I think she did pretty well. Wise words for a lady her age. And her dress was very girly-pretty too. Lucky prize winners - got to shake hands with a celeb heh. After the nostalgic presentation of the 50 yrs of Crescentian-hood, I must say I felt pretty proud to be a Crescent girl. Saw a couple of pics which had myself n my frens (it was Crescent's 40th when we were in Sec 1..wow time flies!). Can't imagine I actually remembered the school song which I sang with pride at the end of the ceremony. The day when we must part, may Crescent remain in our hearts!

Later on watched Cabaret with Aishah. She was still limping from her op but at least without the tongkat tsk tsk. It was a very entertaining piece, very provocative and sexy too ;). Then again, it's Cabaret...not exactly a family-friendly show as Fei Xiang put it heh. It was a good mixture of harsh facts of reality of the Nazis during Hitler's time, and the razzle dazzle of show biz. I liked the lead actress, pretty good acting, but she was kinda petite...hard to stand out. And I decided I ain't gonna buy a 3rd category ticket anymore haha. We were sitting in Circle 2 but right at the back...ok lah..I could see..with my glasses on...but can't see their expressions clearly. I'm a visual person ;) The show was quite short, both of us thought it would be around 2 hours, but after the half way intermission, there was only 30 mins to the end, so it was only 1.5 hrs. After the show...there was a failed attempt to treat me at Haagen Dazs. I usually (try to) pay for Aishah since she's still studying n all. So when the bill came, ironically directly to me as if they knew I was the one with the money lol, I quickly took out my card. Then only later on Aishah was like..u know what..i wanted to treat u. haha. oh well. next time i shld learn to read hints better :P After that I met Flo who treated me at Nana Thai for dinner. We went back to her hang out...then I went back home.

Sunday morning I finally got to sleep in. Woke up happy at 10.30 and excused myself from cooking :P Had to rush to tidy the room cos computer guy was coming to install our original XP (the pirated one kept worrying my dad cos he said he didn't wanna get caught lol). Then Sakura n I went to Marina Square to meet the berries for lunch. I was like half an hour late...but well...I was the guest of honour afterall hehe. (Ok lah, I did feel bad coming late...sorry..). I was surprised to see Isma there. Was also surprised that Sakura came along..hmm..my friends have a good insider. We went to Swenson's after (another) Thai lunch (theme this yr: saf likes thai food apparently. haha) for ice creaaammmmm. Yummy. Haha. Shared choc malt with Isma, was getting a bit high (we think Far was already high on her peanut butter float!). The girls had to go off after we took some pics and prezzie time [I got a handbag yay! i suspect sakura told them wat i wanted..hmmm] Sobs..what workaholics they are tsk tsk. But anyway I had a great time with them. Thanks gals! Really made my day =)

Was so surprised that Flo came to join us. Found out that she was in "it" too, she knew what time the rest were leaving so she came just as they were leaving. She surprised me with a sunflower bouquet...hee. Was so happy. Too bad she took it out after the rest left..so I cldn't show it off. Hahaha. Sorry, but I'm a sucker for romantic gestures keke. Anyway, I made sure half the town saw my flowers cos I carried them in my arms everywhere tsk tsk. So much so Flo didn't want so much attention we were getting :P. The best part was when she was asking me what she should get me, I vaguely thought "a bunch of flowers wld be nice" and voila! I guess we're so close that we can sense each other's vibes. kewl. Now I should start plucking the petals...she loves me...loves me not...

Ended the day with mum's treat at Newton food centre. She was craving for ikan bakar for a long time and the last time we came here the place was under renovation. So we used this as an excuse to go there. The new place looks nice but I think the ventilation sucks. The sheltered seating places were so smoky, luckily we got an open air table. We had huge prawns, ikan bakar, and some vege dishes...and to top it up we had music accompaniment by an orchestra. As if I hadn't eaten enough for the day, we went to NYDC at Orchard to have dessert. Wanted to spend more time with mum. The cheese cake was a disappointment but the mudpie was yum yum. I didn't enjoy my mocha drink either...wanted to grab sakura's latte. We had a great time chilling n laughing then headed home. Well what can I say, I had a great 24th! =)
P.S. Am waiting EAGERLY for part 2 of the berry surprise!

2 comments:

florenceyang said...

im glad u love the sunflower flower, first time i woke up so early to down to buy and wen im home, i on my bed room air con!!! to make sure the flower didnt die! lol..... silly me.....that why wen i take out from my bag, the plastic bag was WET hehe.

princesssaf said...

i'll remember to smile when i think of the sunflowers. =)