Wednesday, July 26, 2006

[missing vertebrate]


Alas, after 4 doctors and plenty of x-rays...I finally got an answer as to why my back has been killing me, and will probably do so for a long time to come (boo). I apparently have 4 lumbar vertebrates instead of the usual 5...so my poor lower back is working overtime. I found it pretty amusing actually...almost laughed out..my initial reaction was "oopsie something's missing". haha. I think I'm going a bit wonky with all the stress. Jumping from doc to doc n not finding a solution. And worse still having doctors who don't believe I'm in terrible pain and say that i CLAIM to have the pain or that I just have to live with it since I've been living with it for the past 5 yrs. Like seriously, just cos I've been living with it doesn't mean I get immune to the pain or something. And I'd think looking for second/third/fourth opinions wld actually imply I need some relieve but apparently they fail to see that point. I think doctors should have a "how to treat patients nicely" module in their curriculum, or a guideline that says "don't make patients lose hope juz cos u can't do anything for them" one.

Oh well..a little bio for those who have no idea what I'm talking abt..enjoy the diagram haha. I guess I'll have to stick to drugging myself with painkillers that don't actually work and tossing and turning at night to find a comfortable position to sleep. But I could use this as an excuse to go for more massages; swedish, thai, javanese, the works hehe. I should shower more love to my dearest four lumbars who've been working overtime for me :P And of course, I wanna thank my sweetheart flo for looking after me so well the other day when I could hardly walk. Thank god she followed me to the clinic or else I wldn't have survived the journey home alone. Love u loads babe. Muak! (hope this ain't too emo for the lot of u who read this heh)

No comments: