Monday, July 24, 2006

[solitary in the spotlight]

Untrusting but gullible. The sociable recluse. Contradicting eh?

I went for a gathering on Sat night at the wine company (no i wasn't drinking). I didn't really wanna go but since my friends were pretty eager abt me attending, i tagged along. It was err.. a bit dull for me cos I didn't feel like mingling with the crowd, and not that I usually do. It didn't help that I hardly knew anyone in the crowd. It was funny that the girl sitting at our table asked me why I wasn't mingling, then she admitted she wasn't much of a "mingler" herself heh. The ironic part was that I was sitting in a very conspicuous spot, directly in the line of the spotlight. As the night went by, I had several ppl coming up to me and asking me why I was just sitting there..tsk tsk..I cleverly replied that I was waiting for ppl to come to the gal in the spotlight. Tho that didn't happen...much... But ok lah...I enjoyed the company, and the few conversations I had were meaningful. Wine anyone?

2 comments:

florenceyang said...

at least u enjoyed urself ya?
at least we been to a ulu place.
at least we took some pictures

princesssaf said...

yep of course i enjoyed myself. must just learn to open my mouth more!