Monday, January 30, 2006

[My biceps fool me]

I went to gym early today morning. Woke up at 6.45 am...which is something I don't even do for work. All b'cos my dear trainer said we had a session. So I reach there at 8.10, thinking "oh deak, nik must be waiting for me". but what do i get instead? A sheepish receptionist who tells me he is running late and maybe I should start my warmup first. Okay I said. Ten minutes later, he was still nowhere to be seen. The whole gym was empty except for me and another guy. Alright, I'm not the only loser here at 8am on a Sunday morning. I decided not to wait any longer so I went upstairs to do the usual stuff that I do at training. Doing it on my own was tougher (Nik usually holds the equipment so I don't feel the full weight of it). The worst was the bicep crunch. I put it at level 2 and could hardly lift it. Shifted down to the minimum weight and barely managed a few sets. I guess the biceps Sakura and I see when we flex them to each other (whenever we wanna show that we're STRONG) are really fake ones.

When I reached home, my dear instructor called me to apologise cos he had forgotten(!!) our session. Arghh. Second time this wk he's pissed me off. First was on Tues when he kept attending to a potential customer during my session with him. He kept apologising for his "last minute appt" but I was like..hey I booked u first!! Well, he's prob desperate to get commision from a new client. GH thought I should've been fiercer to him and refuse to accept his apology haha. But I let him go pretty easily after he promised to dis-count this session. I'm not very impressed by the service he's giving. He comes 10 mins late, goes off 5 mins early and can even forget a session! Man, I'm either gonna stop training with him after my 12 sessions or get someone else!

I went to help my father at his shop in the evening. I was so tired from gym (I tend to overdo it when I don't have training..for fear that whatever I do won't have to full impact) that I had to drag myself out of the house to go all the way to Bedok. Had dinner with Sakura who was doing the morning shift then she went home. It was pretty hectic, there were only 2 drink stalls open so we had a lot of customers. I panicked when I had to take a few orders and when dad came back from serving, I immediately went back to my job of preparing cups of ice lol. We went home around 12. Damn exhausting. Dad was so tired (he's been doing full day shifts two days in a row) that he asked me to drive him home..which is a really rare thing cos he thinks he's the only great driver around. Don't have much energy to surf so I think I'll be heading to bed soon. Gd nite.

2 comments:

chat-moyen said...

i can't believe u woke up that early to exercise. *ALL HAIL NEW GYM QUEEN*

princesssaf said...

lol..new title eh?