Monday, January 23, 2006

[a dozen's too many]

The weekend was good. On Friday night, my auntie finally got the treat that she's been asking me for ever since I started working. I was calling and calling Sakura cos we decided to meet at 6 instead at 6.30 that I initally told her. Since she said she was extremely tired I was scared that she was sound asleep so I went home just in case I needed to wake her up. Was taking a risk since I didn't bring my house keys. Luckily my suspicions were right..she was sound asleep despite the dozen missed calls she received. Failed miserably at dragging her out of bed so I went to take a quick shower first. She almost didn't wanna go but thank god she finally got up. By then it was already 6 so we were obviously very late in meeting auntie and jam.

They didn't hesitate in choosing Swen.son's for dinner...my auntie afterall was on a mission to make me poor. Haha. Dinner was good and we made it on time for the movie. I didn't watch Cheaper by the Dozen 1 so I really had nothing to compare with..but it was a pretty nice feel-good movie..typical Steve Martin plot..the clueless dad who has to learn to let his children go. I was shocked to receive an sms from flo after the movie...she forgot to bring home her house keys so she actually came down to west mall to get the set that she gave me last time. We did some shopping (cos according to auntie i had to get her a parting gift!) and window shopping...but in the end i only bought jam something. ah and the sports sandals i've wanted for so long. my auntie wasn't done making me poor yet so all of us went to mac's for supper (what a sinful outing...i cld feel my tummy bloating up). We had ice cream and fries...and a whole lot of laughs. Poor jam was clueless cos of our NC-16 jokes lol.

Went to gym on Saturday and had a good workout. My trainer probably realised I could start doing greater weights so things got tougher today. It was pretty draining but at the end of it I actually felt refreshed. Went down to Raffles city to meet GH and XL. We were going winter shopping. They didn't find anything there so we went to Suntec WinterTime and Coldwear to buy some thermals and heat packs. Later on I met up with Kin and her two friends. I was quite exhausted at first having been to gym and walking around Suntec, but after dinner felt a bit better so I stayed on chatting n hanging with them. Her friends turned out to be pretty cool (not that I assumed they weren't..I just wasn't in the mood to meet up and be gay with strangers haha). We shopped and talked and talked and talked till it was like 10 plus. I finally explored the terrace at Esplanade heh. Nice place.

On Sunday, had the usual nagging in the morning abt how I should spend more time at home so that I can cook and clean for the family. So after cooking lunch (and what did i get in return...why didn't u cook fish instead. GRRR), I rushed off to meet flo. I was thinking of getting a lappie so we went to Sim Lim square to look around. Fell in love with a Fujitsu S2110SM which cost $2635. Unfortunately I couldn't get an installment scheme with my debit card so after an embarrassing moment (shall spare u the details) I walked out of the place. Was tempted to use up all my cash but well...I have to keep some for London :P We went to Haig Road after that cos my uncle wanted some suggestions on how to improve business at his new nasi lemak stall. Flo gave some pretty good suggestions and while the two of them were babbling on, I crapped with auntie on the phone. After that, we went to my dad's stall in Bedok (hawker stall visiting day haha) to have dinner. Papa was actually quite friendly with Flo...surprising considering how antisocial he usually is. We went back to Woodlands after that to hang out then I went home at abt 11 plus.

Yeah here I am now, at "work". I came in at 10 cos I couldn't wake up on time. Came to the library to copy some journal articles but they're like ancient issues (1993) so I have to request from the closed stacks...which I can't do cos I don't have a membership card. Oh well. I'm going to Queensway with my colleagues after this for more winter (boots) shopping. So much for work...

No comments: