Tuesday, July 03, 2007

[friggin' bad day for taxis]

As if yesterday was a brilliant day for me, today was even worse. Woke up half an hour late so I had to take a cab down to Suntec for the conference. On my main road, I saw that this lady was queueing for a cab so I waited by the side, AWAY from the edge of the road. Before I knew it, she came up to me angrily and said, "I've been queueing there for taxi before you YOU KNOW?" I felt like saying, "Chill, ^&(!@, do I even look like I'm hailing a cab (away from you)?" Too bad she walked off too fast; I had half the urge to run up to her and giving her a peace of my mind for accusing me of something I didn't intend to do at all. So much for being gracious and standing aside...apparently she didn't figure out what I was doing. Needless to say, the first sign of a cab she saw and there she was flailing her arm frantically as if to say, "Hey pick me up first cos I was here first!" Like hello, CHILL babe... Maybe she needs a chill pill...

Then some ppl came to wait for a taxi behind me . The guy flagged it down cos I didn't realise the cab was empty - but thankfully he let me have it first since I was first in line. Else he'd have gotten it from me haha. Was happy I got the taxi, but the driver took some weird route and made me pay $10.20 instead of the usual $8+. Plus he didn't press his "stop" button so the meter continued running at the taxi stand to $10.30. I thought he was gonna charge me $10.20 but my change was 10 cents short...grrr. If I hadn't been in a rush I'd have argued with him! Money making @#$%&*^!

On the way back to office, I shared a cab with my colleagues from Biopolis. They were (soundly) asleep at the back so since the cab driver took AYE, I asked him to exit at NUH so that he could go there first instead of alighting me at Buona Vista. He exited there alright, but instead of going straight into NUH, he went into the right-turn lane. So when I said he was supposed to go straight into NUH, he went like, "This lane cannot turn. If you want I turn right and U-turn back then go into NUH." Like wtf, wanna make my taxi bill higher is it?? Then later on when he alighted me around MOE before turning into Biopolis, he made it seem as if he was doing me such a big favour. Moron! Taxi drivers can be so annoying sometimes!!! The only comfort was that my colleagues let me ride free..yay. Heh.

Everything from yest till today just added up so by the time I reached office, I was almost in tears. I went to the toilet cos I was feeling nauseated but in the end I just burst into tears. Arghhh. But better than puking I guess. I feel better now. I think. I need closure. Bleah. Easy to say.

No comments: