Thursday, June 07, 2007

[evening at the park]


I caught A Midsummer Night's Dream with flo at Fort Canning on the 24th of June. It was a refreshing concept, having a theatrical at the park. Very romantic too, since there were many couples having a picnic and cuddling together on picnic mats. Flo and I had our own picnic, which consisted of lots of goodies from polar puffs heh.

The show was very entertaining, though I got a bit lost with the storyline. Never really read the whole play, so I was just counting on the performance to refresh what vague memories I had of the storyline. The cutest part was when Helena and Hermia started playing "set set set me me me" Singapore style. Was a nice twist, cos the acting prior to that wasn't in the local context. Then the lion dance head appeared, and I think that made the audience relate to the play better, while adding some humour as well.

Next up is King Lear. Anyone wanna watch that?




My fave fairy who was selling the programme booklets before the show.

Waiting for the performance to begin.

The sweetest couple there heh.

The venue.

1 comment:

cai_yun said...

Hey..
I wanna watch King Lear too! But I think most of the tickets are sold out.. Let me know if u can get gd seats k? =)