Thursday, June 07, 2007

[Desaru May 07]

Been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Can't really remember what I've been busy doing..but yeah..pretty busy. Heh.

Went to Desaru for a short weekend trip with Flo a couple of weekends ago. It was a really good trip, to replace my diving trip which I couldn't go for cos of some reason I shall not anounce. We left on Fri night, and by the time we arrived at the resort, it was supper time so we had room service (as usual heh) and went to bed. The travel agent told us that compared to the first choice hotel we wanted, this one was RUSTIC. Thank god it had air con lol. It was fine by my standards, since it was such quick planning. The only thing that really sucked was the breakfast. The rendang and the fried ice cream we had at dinner made up for it tho =)

On Sat morning we took a long drive to Kota Tinggi to see the waterfalls there. I've been there before so it wasn't much of a big deal to me, but Flo enjoyed it tremendously. She went hiking up the hill a bit with the Singaporean couple who came along on the trip while I took some pics and dipped my legs in the water. Too bad I didn't bring a change of clothes, or I'd have loved to venture into the water and get a natural hydro-massage. Ahhh..the thought of it.... Our venture there was cut short by a downpour, and Flo, who's always our hero, ferried us one by one using the only umbrella we had to the guide's car. We went shopping after that, I had a pretty good time buying stuff I needed at really good prices. We were supposed to see fireflies that night; but after learning from the couple that we'd been cheated of RM80, we decided to confront the person who arranged the trip for us. She couldn't keep her story straight, between trying to convince us that we'd been charged the correct amount and trying to answer my question of why we were charged more for the same trip. In the end, she gave up and just said...ok if u're not happy then I'll return u RM60. Although that was still short of RM20, I was happy we got any refund at all. yay. Our firefly trip was cancelled cos we were pissed with them..oh well...I guess I'll see them next time.

We spent Sat night at the lounge, and it was good simple fun. After dinner, we played some pool with S and D. Well, actually it was just the 3 of us cos S was..erm..still a beginner. Heh. They seem to be a cute couple...I love it that they've travelled a lot of places tog. D's a really smart guy..studying in Cornell and all. But hmmm..I find him a tad bit nerdy. Lol.

Sun morn we rose early to play the gokarts the moment the shop opened. In fact, we were there so early (overestimated the time we needed to walk there since we didnt wanna depend on the unreliable service at the resort) that the place was still closed. Apart from the numerous mozzie bites we got (luckily no dengue), I think we all had a thrilling time there. I overtook Flo twice..and she got all grumpy..tsk tsk. Then on our last few rounds, I wanted to overtake her again...but...oops....my back wheel hit her kart. I didn't realise what had happened actually, till the guy there and S & D told me. In fact, I initially thought that she was the one who hit me lol. The gokarts were in pretty pathetic condition, so after I hit Flo's, mine didn't wanna start anymore. I somehow managed to spin Flo's gokart 180 degrees...so for the last round, she went in the opposite direction. Haha. Was a funny site. Sorry sweetie...I'll be more careful (and less competitive ) next time haha.

The next bit was the best part for me. I'd been wanting to jetski for ages, and I mean AGES. Since Redang, since Pattaya, since Bintan...since forever. So when Flo said the day before that she didn't want to do it, I was almost devastated, but some part of me was so determined that I didn't care if I had to do it alone. But in the end since the couple wanted to jetski, we split the cost between the four of us. And the time too. Instead of 30 mins, S & D got 15 mins, Flo and I 7.5 mins each. Don't ask why we went separately. Another hilarious story to that. And Flo will kill me if I announce it here. KEKEKE. We were dead beat after those two adventures, but it was just nice cos it was time for us to go home.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention. I saw a giant crab there. Haha.:) More of Desaru here.


flo crabby

1 comment:

cai_yun said...

Hey babe.. Your trip sounds fun! We have to go on a trip together one of these days... lol...

Glad u had a great time! Catch up w u soon..