Saturday, May 27, 2006

[Pretty In Pink]

I had so much fun last Sun. We organised a 'surprise' party for Far's b'day. It wasn't too surprising, but she was surprised anyway haha. Mel and I were very excited about the party (I think she lives for parties heh). It was pretty easy getting the gifts, cos we had a theme in mind. So everywhere we went were like, hey that's pink! and that's pink! :P

It was the first in a LONG time I had friends over cos well..I have a certain phobia abt it. And as if my worst fears were abt to come true, my bro was home the morning of the party. Luckily he left quickly (I suppose u can guess the cause of my phobia...).

Anyway, it was like 12.15 and I was getting worried cos we were supposed to gather at 12 for pre-party prep. The spaghetti sauce was ready, along with meatballs and fish fingers for not-so-seafoodtarian Min. Luckily Sakura was there to calm me down a bit; with her "oh well far will prob be late too"...to which I argued "but I don't think she'll be late for her own party" tsk tsk. Finally at 12.25 Az came and I was like phew! The balloons were all blown up but I wasn't sure how to hang them securely, so she helped till the expert (Mel) came. I panicked a bit cos I realised I hardly bought any deco (just the b'day banner). I guess I was so excited about the party poppers that I thought the banner and balloons were sufficient. Az busied herself with the pasta while I ran around perspiring, making sure everything was ok. Min came awhile later with the pretty pink cake, then Sam, whom I haven't met for ages. We were so efficiently rushing things that we actually had time to spare...sitting down waiting for far to come (was glad when her "is it ok if i'm late" msg came..haha). We looked like armed soldiers all ready for a strike, complete with poppers and sprayers in hand.

As in all parties, we had lots of food to eat. My guests enjoyed my spaghetti (yay!) and we were bloated even before dessert. The best part came after lunch when the gals sat Far down to a makeover session. Ok, I missed that part cos I was busy doing the dishes...but the finished product looked great. Far had problems reconciling her polished nails, let down hair and her femininity. Lol. Glad she was game enough to be put thru that tho!

After taking silly pics and chilling, we went off to watch Da Vinci code. That was part 2 of her celebration cos she kept hinting (very clearly I must add) that she wanted to watch it cos it was showing near her b'day heh. We had ice cream for dessert and then went off. I was pretty hyped by the everything, very glad that everyone enjoyed the party. The balloons are still up on the walls, anyone wanna burst them for me? I'll wait for them to grow tiny then take them off...don't want them to burst accidentally! (yes I'm scared of popping balloons...)

2 comments:

chat-moyen said...

hey... thanks again for such a memorable day.. all that planning.. heh. it's been a while since i let my hair down... both figuratively and literally. :)

put your phobias behind you!

and yes, you can always count on me to be late.
hopefully only on my birthday from now on.

thanks ma!

princesssaf said...

my/our pleasure =)