Sunday, May 07, 2006

[love changes everything: how you live and how you die]

Ok the musical maniac in me watched another performance yesterday: Andrew Lloyd Webber's Aspects of Love. It was rated NC14 and Sakura was happy they didn't ask for her IC haha. I didn't really know what to expect cos there wasn't much publicity for the show. But the show was fantastic, and by our definition of a good musical, the theme song kept ringing in our heads after the show and first thing this morning lol. Sakura even managed to memorise part of the song after we downloaded it last night itself :P

If you wanna know what it's about, here's a little I snatched from Saki's blog (hey at least I'm referencing your masterpiece!):

The story's about this actress who falls in love with a soldier that's much younger than her, and then the actress falls in love with his uncle and gets married to him. The uncle (george), has an Italian mistress and the actress falls in love with her as well. So they form some kind of (sick, though undeniably practical) threesome. And not long later the actress and her husband has a daughter, Jenny, who eventually falls in love with the soldier(remember him?). Confused yet? I hope you are cos I was when I read the synopsis. But watching the musical itself made it all pretty clear. Their feelings were kind of screwed up cos everyone eventually fell in love with the soldier. But I LOVED IT!

Sakura was pretty thrilled by the kiss, cos she said she had never seen such a passionate kiss on stage before. The kiss between the two women was interesting too...but pretty harmless haha. After that we went for some retail therapy. We managed so snatch some money from dad (since afterall he's also been commenting that some of our clothes look pathetic) so I wasn't too worried about splurging. I got a couple of bras (finally got my front hook ones!!) and a blouse which I didn't even bother trying on (and still haven't). Sakura was pretty satisfied with her loot too...some undies, a bag and a tshirt.

I went down to AWARE today for a (pre) mother's day talk. I was getting quite impatient cos they started abt 20 mins late. It was ok initially but got a bit draggy (3 hrs is way too long for a forum that is not very structured). Nonetheless I got to know more people and who knows, I might volunteer there some time. After the talk I went to the Substation for a monologue. Someone whom I haven't even met asked me to come along (saying that since my profile said I liked theatre) so I was like why not. It was an interesting experience - I've never watched a monologue and it's been ages since I've done my part for the local art scene. I'd have stayed for a coffee after the show but I was having a headache so both of us grabbed a cab back.

After the hectic weekend, I wish I didn't have to go back to work tmr :(

2 comments:

chat-moyen said...

man... should've gone for that instead of west side!

princesssaf said...

yeah i agree!