Wednesday, April 26, 2006

[Min första svenska lektion]

My first Swedish lession. It was pretty fun yesterday, meeting fellow Singaporean enthusiasts who wanted to learn the Swedish language. There were 5 of us; one wanted to learn Swedish cos she was married to a Swedish (well actually she was planning ahead..to teach her now 7 mth old son Swedish in case he decides to study there next time) and the rest of us had been on exchange to Sweden at one point or another.

Our teacher's accent was kinda strange..I think she was trying hard to speak sg style...but it would've been nicer to hear the "swinglish" accent again. I was pretty enthusiastic about answering questions initially, esp since it was a small group and since no one else was answering (as opposed to my otherwise "keep mum in class" attitude). But I think Cecilia must've thought my Swedish was good cos she went like "Ok this question is not for Saf" lol. But as we went on to the grammer part I started to shut up, cos I either didn't learn grammer last time or I totally forgot it :P. She asked if we had learnt foreign languages before and she almost spoke to me in French when I said I had...so I quickly protested...no no it was a longggg time ago so I don't remember anything now. Haha.
After class, georgina, wendy n me shared a cab home (Jag delar taxi/I sharing taxi) cos we lived in the west. I think georgina loves taxis cos she suggested picking me up from NUS next week before class. Anyway it'll be more convenient than rushing to class after work to a not very accessible place (some condo along Grange Road) and we get to split the bill. I should revise my grammer before I go to class next week so that she will ask me to shut up again. Now I wish I had the Swedish keyboard...

No comments: