Sunday, April 23, 2006

[life is unpredictable]

As cliche as that might sound, the reality of it is undeniable. Just yesterday afternoon my dad received a call from my distraught uncle. His second business, which he undertook against the advice of my dad, was failing and that made him incur some debts. So much so till my aunt had to take some loans to keep them going, and that made her very stressed. And he was taking sleeping pills, popping one after another the previous night so that he could get some decent sleep but to no success and apparently yesterday morning he lashed out at my cousin. As if that wasn't bad enough, at 6am this morning, my mum got a call from my auntie saying that my uncle had been in a car accident last night ard 4am and had been in a coma.

We just came back from ttsh to visit him. He was pretty disorientated...he took a minute to recognise us and he said he didn't even remember driving the car out last night. He had some stitches on his head but thankfully no internal injuries tho his whole torso was sore. For someone in pain he was pretty stubborn tho, insisting that the nurses let him bathe or feed him solid food or demanding to meet the doctor so that he cld be discharged. And he kept saying that we "educated" ppl were all against him..arghh..I really hate it when he says that..semi-conscious or otherwise.

Anyway we took the chance to hang out wiht my auntie n cousin a bit at kopitiam. I really feel for her cos now there's this extra shit to take care of. Shit happens in life. That's an understatement...

No comments: