Friday, October 28, 2005

Lessons of the day

1. We have a prof who's obsessed about apoptosis.

We had a presentation today...topics were interesting..ranging from "A cup of tea a day keeps cancer away" to "Cytokines and GI cancer: A Double-Edged Sword". And all this fellow could keep asking was.."How is this molecule related to the apoptotic pathway?" For the benefit of those who don't know..apoptosis is how cells commit suicide. What pissed us off was that even in Advanced Cell Bio (a yr 4 module), the prof kept stressing that we didn't have to know the pathways cos they can always be looked up. And here comes this guy who asked nothing other than what the pathway consists of. Grr. I was panicking at 1.45 cos I just realised I didn't bring my hardcopy of the presentation, where I wrote down a lot of stuff to say. So I just read off the slides and crapped about whatever I could remember. Oh well, I think it was pretty ok except for the stupid apoptosis qs. Went home feeling more liberated..now just one more test to worry about.

2. Apoptosis is overrated.

Sooner or later everyone's gonna blame everything on apoptosis.

3. They speak Swahili in Tanzania.

4. It's nice to feel loved. =)

No comments: