Saturday, October 08, 2005

Do u believe in fairies?


I do! I do! At least for yesterday heh. Sakura and I went to watch Peter Pan at the Esplanade yesterday. We went to break fast first at ljs. We were giving ourselves a time limit...eat till 7.30 so that we can reach esplanade by 7.45. In the end, we were done by 7.15 so we took a stroll to esplanade. The place was nicely decorated as always..but unfortunately our digicam is spoilt so we had to stick with our phone cams..and really tiny pics. It was the premiere show and the theatre was full. We were surprised to see so many ang-mohs there...and boy were they dressed up for the occasion. We went to the bar outside the theatre...but decided we were still full to get anything to eat. Plus we had to save our tummies for dessert later.

The show was simply awesome. It's been a longggg time since I've watched a musical (caught les miserables in london last yr). It was definitely worth every dollar...even tho Sakura kept wow-ing at the fact that i bought pretty good seats (Nth row). As always, I always become infatuated with the main character - Peter Pan (a.k.a. Michael Lin). He's simply soooo talented - acting, singing, dancing, doing acrobatic stunts...flying!!! Haha. I'm just so amazed at how a bunch of kids...hardly even 10 can perform so professionally. The lead singer was also very impressive. During the intermission we went back to the bar...had no choice but to buy a tiny bottle of apple juice which cost $4!! Oh well, living the high life. Haha. Sakura and I were tempted to enter the "private reception" some company was having...we were even ready to make up stories as to how we were part of the "marketing" department. Lol. The rest of the show was as brilliant. During the finale, Peter Pan even flew over the audience (the front part at least). I was busy looking out for his rope till I realised I should just enjoy the sight. Heh. They performed one more dance (the main theme) at the end of it all. It was extraordinary. Most of us even gave them a standing ovation till the curtains came down (ok the lights went off actually..but well..u get the drift..). It was such a feel good show, we felt like we needed another dose of it.

After the show ended, we headed straight to the booth to buy some memorabilia. We bought the programme and the soundtrack. Was broke by then but what the heck. Heh. We headed to Max Brenner later on. I realised that I promised to bring Sakura there like last Oct or something...and well..it's already a year now. Haha. But better late than never I guess :P We had chocolate fondue and milk choc suckao. Sakura was pretty excited about the whole thing and we took turns melting the choc bits for the suckao. We left the place at about 11.45pm...called for a cab since the queue was so long. It was a fun outing (understatement). And I'm glad I've found myself a kaki to go to musicals with =)