Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm a LEADER!

Today was kinda sucky. I had to wake up in the morning for lessons. And since the bunch of us are just sitting in for the lecture, we didn't have notes so we had to copy so many things down. Then the show-off in class keeps..well..showing off...everytime someone asks the lecturer a question she'll turn around and answer on her behalf. **rolls eyes** Then prof asked me to research on a topic that didn't exist. After hours and hours of searching, I was getting worried cos he wanted an update. Turns out that it's a new finding so there won't be other articles on it. Duh. And then he looked at my questionnaire but told me that he had designed his own. Bleah. Then why did he ask me to design one in the first place? Now I'm supposed to incorporate mine into his. Thanks a lot. The comfort is that I followed my gut instinct and didn't edit too much of my draft. Then prof said I couldn't clock in hours for the lectures they asked me to sit in for. Which is really unfair, since I could've been using that time to do my research work. Gonna be earning a pittance now with only 3 working days. Perhaps I should've taken the RP job...

Later on I finally had a tour of my lab to be. Saw Shi Jie there so I guess I'll have a buddy... the other G.A.M.E. students are in Biopolis..sadly I'm stuck in NUS...maybe it's good..cos I have my friends around for a lunch date. I'll be starting a bit of lab stuff next Wednesday....wonder where my lab coat has gone to tho...

I'm a leader...the palm-reader told me that today. Lakshmi asked me whether I wanted to get my palm read cos she and Ro had theirs read the day before. Why not I guess...she said it wouldn't be anything life changing. Haha. The first thing the fellow said was that I was a leader so I should use my leadership qualities more. Hmmm... A few things he said were true..like I have strong intuition (so I should rely on it more...except in matters of the heart it seems heh). And since I'm a born leader I wouldn't fit being bossed around as a housewife (future husband..whoever u are..read that! haha. oh and apparently future husband's gonna be a foreigner...). He mentioned that I was very observant (quite true too) so I should be in research...and I worry a hell lot so I should take a step back next time and look at the big picture before worrying myself to death. Haha. He made some predictions which hmmm..I dun really believe in so shall not put it down. Just that I'm looking forward to 33 when there could be a possibility that I'll migrate (yes..finally!!)

Alright, that's all for now. Shall get back to my questionnaire fine-tuning.