Saturday, August 06, 2005

Happy Birthday to me


I had a great brithday this year! Not that the others weren't great...this was special. Flo and I had lunch at Swen.son's (after I almost forgot which part of Jurong Pt it was at). Yummy..finally had my apple crumble after ages of craving. We hanged around for awhile then headed to Far's place. My best buds threw me a (surprise) party. Between thinking that they were probably too busy to hold one and Sakura telling me she wanted to go out with me for dinner that day, it was surprising afterall. Heh. I was so touched they actually bothered to go through all the trouble. What with decorations and all...the theme was "childhood days"...with spongebob streamers, hello kitty balloons and sesame street party hats! Even Sakura was part of it all...guess she managed to hide it pretty well. And although I was full to the brim, I had to try out the food cos my dear daughter cooked it. Haha. We bummed around after lunch, Far entertained us with a couple of songs on the guitar (Sakura and I were waiting for her rendition of happy b'day...but it never came..haha). We watched a bit of tv then headed home. I sent Sakura home then went to Woodlands to return my auntie's car and hang out with Flo for a bit. Sakura didn't think about inviting my uni friends, so it was just the few of us. Caiyun, thanks for being on "standby" haha.

Second part of my celebrations was on Sunday. Flo brought me for a manicure n pedicure. The manicurist was appalled when she saw my toenails..."When was the last time u had a pedicure??" "Hmmm...this is my first time" And she was like "wow I'm honoured to be doing ur first" Haha. She was trying her best to do it fast cos Flo wanted a pedi too but as she put it "ur toenails are quite..." I guess she meant "yucks" haha. It was nice being pampered. Now I know why the ladies love going for them. I tried to be as dainty as I could cos the varnish hadn't dried. But as I scratched my arm...I was like...nooooooo. The polish form my index finger came off and I was like DAMN. Luckily Ling was nice enough to patch it up for me..heh. Well the next time I go, I'll just get a pedi. Cos with the housework n stuff that I'm doing, the polish is disappearing pretty fast.

We finally cut my b'day cake on Monday. Sakura was bugging me to come home early since Sunday, but I guess she was too tired to celebrate. Plus my parents were not home. So on Monday (apparently the cake was in the fridge since Sat..hmm...) I finally blew my candles...forgetting to make a wish first (age catches up on ya yeah?). Sakura actually played along about wrapping up my presents (which I picked out myself) and handing them to me "officially". Cutie. Haha.

Ok that's all for now. Looks like my wishlist is pretty complete. Thanks again guys! :)

No comments: