Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Got my own table at last

After weeks of working from home, meeting prof only in his office, roaming ard n looking for ppl to grant me access to places, I was finally given some "status" in my new department. Last Fri I was finally given the temp staff card for accessing the computer lab. Today, prof showed me ard the lab n introduced me to the ppl i'd be working with. met the lab officer n his asst, PCR lady, and the rest of the team for his project. had to read thru a boring SOP and sign an undertaking that i'll agree to the lab rules...guess they became more strict since the SARS incident. I even have my own fridge space and err..a mug (tho i think i'll bring one from home...). YB showed me my workspace n i was given the key to my locker. Oh and 100 pieces of free photocopying...haha. Prof said he'll get me a new thumb drive..fully devoted to work...think he got worried that mine had too many of my own files.
I haven't "moved in"...will do that when more rigorous lab work starts. For now it's still working from home..tho I really lack the discipline. I'll be going back to lab tmr..learning techniques from YB. Hope I remember my shoes. :P

No comments: