Wednesday, November 16, 2011

[2 weeks of humidity]

After 2 weeks of humidity I think I'm finally getting used to the weather here. Can just stay in the room / sleep with 1 fan on. That's a great achievement. During my first week or so here I was blasting myself with two fans - the ceiling fan and a standing fan. And even with the windows wide open, I was perspiring like a cow. Ok, I don't know if cows perspire a lot, but I just felt that I was loosing LOTS of water.  No wonder my friend said she had to have a fan constantly next to her when she was back here.

I've been taking it easy so far. Enjoying the company of my darling sister who's been looking after me so well. Ah, the advantages of being "Pregnant Lady" (that's my title now apparently; even her friends and my dear Jam call me that!). Also did some catching up wtih Jam since she's having her school hols.  Met a couple of friends here and there but nothing "hectic". I guess I'm not too rushed since I'll be here for a few months.  Though I'm sure I won't have the luxury of time once baby pops!

My parents have been surprisingly nice. Haha. Well, a weird thing to say but we all know how they can be :P.  I guess they have also been affected by the "Pregnant Lady" phenomenon.  So all in all, I'm having a great time here.  Although I was hesitant to come back, I think now I'll be hesitant to return to desert land. Ah the irony, or maybe it's not so ironic afterall.

I've been attending birthing classes at HV. My dear Sakura has been accompanying me - she's such a doll.  I'm the only one there without a hubby as a birth partner, sadly.  I appreciate Sakura's enthusiasm, but I guess it just feels different seeing the rest of the preggies there with their supportive hubbies (forced or otherwise lol). While going through the getting rid of negative thoughts exercise on the first lesson, Sakura said hers was that she was afraid Mr F wouldn't be here on time for the delivery.  G (the coach) said the positive affirmation should be to have faith that things will happen according to plan and that at least I have a support system with my family.  Then she added that Sakura shouldn't be surprised if I wanted her in the birthing suite even with Mr F around, to which she gasped. Haha, I guess she's not ready for that responsibility yet. The birth classes are fun, I actually look forward to attending them. 2 down, 2 more to go.

Other than that, been stocking up on local food.  Everytime someone wants to meet me, or if dad asks what I want for dinner, I'll go "Anything local!" Haha. I eat a lot of Indian food there, so been gorging mostly on Malay food - nasi lemak, ayam masak merah, and finally day before yesterday laksa. Mmmm. Haha.  Now on my quest to eat more Chinese food...I didn't realise what a big Chinese food eater I was till living in Rh heh.  Still eyeing paus and siu mei which I did not manage to get yesterday :P

Haven't prepared much for the baby.  Put his clothes in the cupboard, though I haven't washed them yet.  Been trying to plan what other baby necessities to shop for. Mum said to wait for her to be free so I guess I won't make a list yet.  I'm so not in the mood to do work. Point to note: Having to work from home in (boring) Rh is sooooo different from having to work while back here because I so feel like I'm on holiday and should NOT be staring at datasets or proposals, plus there are lots of distractions like my bed and of course, people around me.  Can't wait for my leave to officially start!

No comments: