Sunday, February 13, 2011

[distractions]

I always seem to have something else to do when I have important work pending. Suddenly I'd be clearing the table, mopping the floor, things that I normally wouldn't do very willingly.  Today I decided to spruce up my blog. Ok it still looks the same - I wanted to change the main image but it's hard to decide which image I like when I have collected so many over the years of traveling.  Have to get back to my hard disk because my flickr pro account has expired so only the most recent photos are there (and I distract myself again by wondering if I should renew my account...I wonder who goes there these days anyway...Mr F used to be my regular fan...now I just give family and friends my FB photo links since everyone has an account there these days).

Ah but I digress. What I wanted to say was that I've updated the ticker (bottom right column if you haven't noticed) to the one G uses in the hope that I will see (in her words) "green flags popping up".  So far I haven't seen anything pop up, it's more of like I have to click the "country summary" icon so maybe it was just her way of expressing it. Or perhaps I'm missing something...have to ask her soon.  I have two tickers at the moment, the old one is still there just in case the new one doesn't work out. Kiasu much.

I also added a link so that people can donate to different sites everyday just by a click of the button (also somewhere in the right column.scroll down a little). I'd been clicking this page regularly since I started using the internet. That was when my mum introduced the site to me through her friend.  I forgot about it till recently I got a FB invite to join that cause, so here I am again, trying my best to click on all the sites everyday. If you notice on the webpage, after you click on hungersite, there's one tab for breast cancer, child health and so on.  How it works is that for every click that you make, their sponsor will donate a certain amount to that particular charity.  So if there's anymore souls reading this blog, please do your part. It just takes a few clicks a day!

The Hunger Site

Ok now...back to work...

No comments: