Wednesday, October 03, 2007

[Thee passes by in a flash again]

Ramadhan's coming to an end. 9 more days. As always, the beginning is slow, and then before you know it, it's the last 10 most precious days. Inshallah my Muslim friends will receive blessings of the Night of Power (Lailatul Qadr).

[Lo! We revealed it on the Night of Power.
Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Night of Power is?
The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees.
(That night is) Peace until the rising of the dawn.]
~Al-Qadr 97:1–5~

This Ramadhan was much better for me compared to last. As a family, dad was less grumpy about us spending time with mum (not that we spent much time with her, unfortunately). And he's not going on about how we're gonna abandon him on Hari Raya - well, at least not yet. I guess if I cook good food then he'll be happy lol. Sis improved as well...no more needing to drag her out of bed (literally!). Maybe it's the stress of her studying making her a lighter sleeper, maybe she decided to cooperate this year. Whatever the reason, we're happy haha. On a personal level, I've been paying more attention to prayers; keeping time and not rushing through them. I actually miss the days that mum would drag us out of bed and force us to pray the special prayers with her to get most out of this blessed month. I used to hate it, but now I'm longing for it again. Funny, you miss the things that are not there even though you took them for granted before. I've also been trying to spend more time at home during break fast, as I told my sis...I wanted to be "more domesticated". And they've been putting up being my guinea pigs for my cooking, so all's well. Heh.

May Allah grant us forgiveness and remove all our past sins, for He is the Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Amin.

P.S. Looking forward to Eid cos that's also when I'll be leaving for my trip. hehe. ;)

No comments: