Tuesday, April 10, 2007

[phantoms and babies]





Been an interesting week for me. I watched Phantom of the Opera last Tuesday with a big gang - sis, mum, cousin and flo. Sis was (surprisingly) early in getting ready...I was dreading having to wake her up to change n stuff...but luckily she got up on her own..on time. rare occasion tsk tsk. I was actually on MC that day, was having a terrible sore throat. Even the doc was like "oh dear" when she checked my throat. Apparently Cordelia had the same infection...we can't help but link it to fish n co at suntec cos we both ate there the saturday before and mysteriously became ill with the same thing. Mine got so bad that I puked Monday's dinner out..twice.

This was the 3rd time I was watching Phantom. Maybe 3 times is too many, because it wasn't as exhilerating as when I watched it the second time in London. First time was too long ago..in Sec 2 so I can't really remember anything from there, except the scene where the Phantom entered Christine's room; and that he was wearing a white mask (duh!). I loved the show anyway, the main song and overture never fail to impress me. My fave scene is still the part where the Phantom captures Christine and the "row" into his hideout. I wish I could try rowing the boat lol.

On Sun, Far n I went to visit our Crescent friend Az who just gave birth to a cute little baby boy. It was quite a surreal feeling...we saw her get married, being pregnant, now even breastfeeding, and I still feel "wow, this was the same Az we've known all this while". She's gone into the realm of motherhood. And I still feel (relatively) immature. Then again, perhaps having babies isn't to do with maturity. But anyhow, I'm still amazed that some of my friends have taken such a big step in their lives. Congrats Az, for little Rehan! It was quite embarrassing cos Far didn't tell me Az's sis was getting married. So when we arrived at her block, a few of our friends were calling out to us...and they were all in pretty baju kurungs while we were in casuals. Didn't help that we were walking unglamorously in the rain with our brollies hardly sheltering us. Oh well, we were there for the bride's sis and her baby, so I guess we didn't have to dress up lol. Shall drop by her house more often to play with the kid. Maybe in a couple of month's time Far n I'll dare to carry him haha.

No comments: