Monday, October 09, 2006

[revitalising alright!]

I took last Friday off to chill. Since I had physio in the morn and dad has been bugging me to follow him to HDB on a Fri which is his only off day, I thought why not. Physio was tiring...learnt some exercises...and bid farewell to my therapist. lol. Well since I'm gg to the private one, which is much better, I don't mind the extra cost. Was pretty agitated cos they were gonna show a Westlife interview on CNA...and the moment they came back "right after the break", it was my turn to go in. (arghhh). I was pretty touched Dad came to fetch me even tho it was pretty early in the morning and he cld've slept in. I really thought we were going to the Bt Merah branch and since that'd be near SGH, it would be a gd arrangement. Only later I found out that that branch no longer exists, and we actually went to the one in Clementi which is like..duh..so near!

Accompanied mum to Sim Lim in the afternoon cos she wanted to buy a monitor for her laptop. She still hasn't figured out how to use it..hmm..can anyone help?

Ok here comes the highlight of the day...my retreat!! Finally decided to use the voucher my dear Hello Pandas gave me for my b'day...since it's gonna expire in abt a mth. I didn't mind at all that it was all the way in Changi cos I'd seen the hotel it's in before, and it overlooked the sea so I thought it'd be lovely. And lovely it was. I didn't get the seaview cos I was on the 1st floor (girls: next time we have a spa party on the 8th..complete with jacuzzi facing changi beach). I thought I'd end up at a very chee-na place (no offence) cos the receptionist called earlier and went like "Hi Miss Safiyyeee...ur spa appt at 4pm leh!!" Lol. Thank god the therapist spoke better...and the service was perfect. It started off with a cup of oligomer tea (whatever that is...supp to be good for u...ok lah of course they'd say that i guess ), but I couldn't drink since I was fasting. So we headed to the room which was WOW. It was as big as a hotel room and complete with a steam sauna, bathtub that can fit two comfortably, and a shower. The amenities were good too - lots of paper undies (with a choice of g-string or regular haha), 3 combs (wonder what I'd need so many for...), toothbrush n toothpaste, 2 shower caps, plastic slippers - well you get the picture.

My retreat started off with an aromatic steam bath, salt sea scrub (which I accidentally tasted cos she spilt some on my lips..yucks..VERY salty), and a shower. Then I soaked my feet in a tub while she gave me a soothing "welcome" head massage. That set the mood for the full body massage, under the dim lights. By now I was exclaiming - I have the bestest buddies ever! Haha. I didn't want the massage to end...nooo...not so soon! The wonderful experience ended with an aromatic scalp massage and I took my own sweet time to change back into my clothes after that (oh and mel..I managed to put my papparazzi skills to work..tsk tsk..nice rite? :P). The therapist did a little advertisement by bringing me to the 8th floor to have a look at the place and I must say, it looks terrific. For a moment there I didn't feel as if I was in Singapore. Reminded me of the Batam Spa resort we went to in June. The view was amazing, definitely would consider indulging in the jacuzzi package...girl's weekend out ppl?




I headed down to Changi Village after that to buy the famous nasi lemak for buka under the sunset. Unfortunately the stall vendors were on a break so i bought from the stall next door..still nice lah.. Waited for Flo to come so that we could have dinner tog. But she didn't manage to get a cab cos of rush hour so by the time she came, I had had two cups of drinks (damn thirsty..the lymphatic drainage massage whatever must've worked...) and the moon was up and bright. We had our little picnic anyway, under the full moon. There were a few families there celebrating Lantern Festival. Was pretty cool, I never knew families actually went out to celebrate together. We were admiring the waves and the full moon, and just chilling out, listening to some songs on our phones. The tempestuous waves were a bit scary at first, but really quite pretty when u stop to admire the ripples and gushing sounds they make. Flo was getting bitten by insects so we decided to head home.

Was a relaxing day indeed. Just wanted to say a big thanks to the Hello Pandas again...one of the best b'day prezzies ever! Muaks muaks muaks!

P.S. I managed to find the Westlife interview here...yay! Well for the non-WL fans...I didn't know CNA had interview archives..so just in case u've missed an interview of say...Shahrukh Khan..here's the link

3 comments:

chat-moyen said...

cool... i'm so glad it was worth it! and yes.. when we gals are a little richer we shall go for that package :) :0

princesssaf said...

yay! haha. looking forward to it ;)

Blue_belle said...

ooooooh sounds so good!!!!! I wanna go too haha