Sunday, February 05, 2006

[You can't walk no line]

I went to the movies with Sakura yesterday. I seem to be watching a lot of movies lately... sg needs a new form of entertainment. Besides movies movies movies. Anyway Walk The Line was a fantastic movie..glad I convinced her to watch that instead of I Not Stupid Too (I didn't watch the first one, so I wasn't really enthusiastic about watching the sequel). I was pretty impressed that Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did their own singing, which sounded really good.

After the movie, we didn't know what to do. So after hunting around for a toilet, we went to LJS to eat but there were no seats. Didn't realise the Chingay festival was going on so the roads were blocked off and we couldn't get to the other side. The spectators seemed to be pretty dead. There was hardly any response when the DJs were prodding them on. We saw a few floats which were quite creative, but other than that, I dun really know what the fuss is about. (ok I admit I wanted to watch the show, but after checking it out yest I think I change my mind heh)

We attempted to do a bit of shopping but the prices depressed me so we went to Shaw to eat. Went to Far East to do a bit more shopping...tho we didn't really get anything in the end. It was pretty dead, most of the shops closed by 9 (so much for the 24-hr city that Life! was talking about today). We missed our bus so we went into This Fashion for a few mins then finally headed home. I was particularly awake so I stayed up till 3 chatting and playing games (spider solitaire!). Didn't wake up too late today..ONLY 11..heh...too bad I can't sleep when the sky is bright.

I should resume my packing then. Catch ya later.

2 comments:

chat-moyen said...

who is sakura?

yeah, we really need to find something else to do.. but it's so hard!

princesssaf said...

my sis lol :P